You will need...
1 scoop of good quality Vanilla Ice Cream per serving
1 Ginger biscuit per serving (we're talking about those classic crunchy ginger nuts you find everywhere)
A splash of Brandy (optional)
And if you want to turn up the heat, throw in some fiery crystallised Ginger (optional)
1. Crush approximately 2/3 of the ginger biscuit and sprinkle it at the bottom of each serving dish.
2. Plop a good, hearty scoop of vanilla ice cream into each dish.
3. If you're going for the brandy, give it a little splash on each dish.
4. Quick! Pour that hot espresso over the whole thing.
5. Now, finish it off with the remaining ginger biscuit crumbs and a few pieces of crystallised ginger. But be quick - time is of the essence!
And there you have it - a winner, especially if you do the coffee pour at the table. Adds a bit of drama to the whole dessert equation! Enjoy!